DIY studded veggie leather bracelet
Want to try a seriously simple do it yourself project, but feeling a little scared to take the plunge? Look to this easy DIY studded veggie leather bracelet video brought to you by Comicat Creations.
- First, assemble your materials, including faux leather, cotton fabric of your choice, thin bias tape, and some studs.
- Measure your wrist using a tape measure, and then subtract one inch from the final product. For this tutorial, the approximate measurements for the bracelet are found by measuring the circumference of your wrist and then subtracting one inch. The width of the bracelet should be one and a half inches (1.5″).
- Next, use a straightedge to cut out the faux leather material. Now you’ll need to repeat the process using your alternative fabric. In this case, she opted for a floral print fabric made from cotton.
- For the measurements, she found the length by adding 1.5 inches to the length of the faux leather piece, and the width of the bracelet is approximately 2 inches. To get a rough approximation of her bracelet measurements, her faux leather fabric was about 5″ x 1.5″ and her cotton fabric was 6.5″ x 2″.
- Fold the cotton fabric and gently iron the piece to create the patterned fabric piece on the center.
- Use your sewing machine to attach the cotton fabric onto the center of the faux leather fabric.
- After that, you’ll need to use a pair of scissors to cut off any remaining thread.
- The next part requires the bias tape, which she measured out and cut two pieces of the bias tape that were about 6 inches for each strip. These strips will be the cord attachment for the bracelet.
- Sew them into place, and then you’re all set for the next and final step.
- The last part will require a little bit of your own creativity. For her project, she used rounded studs, but you can always use spikes or studs as accents for your bracelet. Think of a pattern and how many studs or spikes will be required. Work carefully and use a ruler to achieve an even measurement, then attach each stud and spike into place.
The finished product looks so edgy and cool. Pair with practically any look for an instant dose of chic.
Written by Jade Nicolette