Faux Leather DIY Game of Thrones Jon Snow Costume
Winter is coming, and so is Halloween! If you’re planning on going the DIY route this year, we’ve got the perfect Halloween costume tutorial for any Game of Thrones fan. Follow this simple and easy do-it-yourself tutorial and you’ll be all set to create your own Jon Snow costume. For this project, you’ll also need to incorporate a few items from the thrift store, such as a black cloak, gloves and shoes.
- Start by assembling your materials, which include faux black leather, faux tan colored leather fabric, hot glue, and a collection of safety pins.
- You’ll also need some faux fur in black for the upper part of the cloak. You also have the option for using different colors of faux fur, like gray or brown, for a slightly different feel.
- To kick things off, get started by working on your cloak. This tutorial suggests finding a robe-like jacket from a thrift store to use a base, and cut it open down the center to turn it into a cloak.
- Next, you can use your faux fur fabric to attach to the upper part of the cloak.
- Then, you’ll want to grab your black faux leather fabric and cut out several strips, which will be attached to the cloak in a criss-cross fashion.
- Use your tan colored faux leather fabric to create a tunic of armor. You’ll need to cut out a circle in the fabric for your head, and then pin the fabric in place along the sides.
You can also customize the tunic to your preference, depending on if you want a longer style or a shortened design. Use the excess faux leather fabric to create a pair of tan colored bracers for your wrists. For styling ideas, wear with a pair of sturdy black boots and gray gloves for a bold finish. Get ready to bend the knee with this edgy Jon Snow costume. You’ll be ready to take on any threats in Westeros, any day, any time!
Check out our collection of faux leather fabric options, available for sale here at MJTrends.