There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

Attaching a Zipper to Latex

I want to attach a zipper to my latex. What is the best way to attach it? Based on other discussions, it sounds like thread is not the way. Any suggestions as to what type of glue to use?

Response by: guest, December 20th 2005 9:25:18 pm

Because a zipper is usually placed in an area that recieves a lot of stress I would advise against sewing the zipper to latex.

The best way to do it is to apply a couple coats of glue to the zipper itself and let it sit overnight and dry. Next, apply a layer of glue to the latex and another layer to the zipper (this time the adhesive will adhere itself to the dried adhesive, not necessarily the fabric in the zipper) then adhere the zipper to the latex like you would a normal seam (apply lots of pressure, and allow to cure for 24 hours). Good luck!

Response by: corwin, September 26th 2008 12:10:08 pm

make sure you soak the fabric, of the zipper, with rubber glue.   Let it completely dry, make sure it is soaked well.   You will have 3 layers,  latex,zipper,latex.  For instance, if your doing a zipper on a latex skirt, you will put the skirt down on the table first, put glue on the seams, glue on the zipper and put the zipper on top of the skirt/latex.  Then you will put another piece of latex on top of the zipper and wide enough to get about 1 inch of the skirt too.  put glue on that piece too.  roll is good and let it cure.  hope that wasn\'t too confusing.

Response by: Andre , October 20th 2013 10:56:55 am

The first picture is the front and the second is the back. I use MJ solvent based glue. Give the Zip two to three coat both sides of the zipper. Don't get any glue on the teeth of the zipper. then after it drier well glue it to the back of your garment and the apply anothe strip of latex to the back of the zipper. Nothing to it. Put the garment in a warm room but not in the the sun for a couple of days espesialy it the zip is in a high stretch area to dry well.

Response by: latexgirl, May 5th 2014 8:38:43 pm

Thanks for the advice, gonna use this on my next catsuit :)

LatexGirl

Response by: latexgood, September 23rd 2014 7:31:45 pm

I'm Going To Try This On A Pair Of Leggings!