There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

latex thickness

what does the thickness of latex sheeting mean?

does thickness differ for different garments?

What is more suitable for lingerie?

I've purchased .30mm to start my new items.

thanks.

Response by: Ry, January 27th 2009 11:46:05 am

Latex thickness means exactly what it says - the thickness of the latex sheeting.  EG: .3 would be 3/10ths of a millimeter.  In regards to what works for latex lingerie - it just depends on what you are going for.

For things like thongs - .30 is a good mix of stretch and durability.  I\'ve seen some bra\'s make out of .6 or even .7 thickness to give it strength as a push up bra.  Some people have a preference for the .2 as lingerie because it is similar to the lightweight fabrics typically used for lingerie, plus some say it feels "softer".

Experiment and find out what you prefer.  MJTrends does sell swatches of various thicknesses if you need a small sample to compare.  Best of luck!

Response by: Andre , October 20th 2013 9:59:36 am

I have made T-shirts from 0.2mm, 0.3mm 0.5mm and 0.7mm and I must say that the 0.2mm is the most comfortable to wear. It is soft and I often sleep with them. However it is a lot more difficult to work with and not stiff enough to make lingerie by itself. You can however use different thickness materials in the same garment. Use 0.5 or 0.6mm material for the straps and edge reinforcing and use 0.3mm for the rest of the garment. For panties you can use the thicker material for the reinforcing around the waist and make it an inch or so wide. this way you can also combine different colours which will make it look much nicer. 

Response by: Forrest, January 16th 2014 11:52:41 am

Are latex panties hard to make, can I just take apart a pair of mens bikini briefs to use as a pattern. Will this work ok?

Response by: antrices, April 30th 2014 5:28:12 pm

I agree .2mm is the best