There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

apprentice

Gluing other types of fabric to latex

If you use solvent adhesive, can you attach a lace or ribbon trim (any fabric, such as cotton, silk, synthetic, etc.) to the latex seam, between the two pieces of
latex, without compromising the adhesive? What is the best way to secure a different type fabric to latex? Thanks

Response by: Chloe, November 9th 2013 9:47:40 pm

You'll want to use the ammonia based adhesive at MJTrends or liquid latex and paint it on to your lace where you want to adhere it to the latex sheeting.

You may need to apply a couple coats depending on how thick you apply it.  Both the ammonia based adhesive and liquid latex will permanently adhere to most woven fabric substrates - cotten, polyester, etc, but not leather or vinyl.  

Once your lace has been 'rubberized' you can then adhere it just as you would when gluing latex to latex.

Here are some pics of what other people have accomplished using this method:

Response by: Forrest, January 15th 2014 1:43:36 pm

Very good information. I didn't know how to do this, now I can mix lace with my latex designs. You're very clever.

Response by: MarianneM, January 15th 2014 5:36:46 pm

Thank you, Chloe. I know I just have to jump in and try it. It seems very creative.

Response by: Kalies, January 23rd 2014 6:05:39 pm

Looks so cool. Gotta try myself. Thanks for the idea!

Response by: antrices, April 30th 2014 5:21:49 pm

Wow i never thought to put liquid latex on it to  get it to stay, Thanks a bunch! great question

Response by: scarletonthetile, May 3rd 2014 9:03:14 pm

great advice

Response by: latexgirl, May 5th 2014 8:34:43 pm

Thanks for the tricks! My boyfriend will like that!

Sabrina

Response by: latexgood, June 5th 2014 9:20:11 pm

Thanks For The Great Advice!