There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

master

Rubber shower curtain

This was the first thing I made! The smell in the warm shower is amazing :)

Response by: H-Sama, December 17th 2015 12:34:56 am

Pretty cool

Response by: shinyskintight, December 20th 2015 2:06:27 pm

Nice job! Neat idea too :) Is that double sided latex or did you do two different layers to get the different colors? 

Response by: DCRubberGuy, December 21st 2015 6:38:01 am

Hi there - it's MJT's Transparent Smoke in .30mm. 4 yards. Used duck cloth (covered in the sheeting) at the top to hold the grommets in place securly.

Response by: Andre , December 22nd 2015 4:49:43 am

This looks stunning. The eyelets or grommets that you used are they stainless steel. I battle to find Stainless steel ones. Most I can find are made from brass either painted, chromed or as is and the stain the latex eventually.

Response by: DCRubberGuy, December 22nd 2015 8:20:25 am

Hi Andre,

They are actually brass with a nickel finish. They do discolor lighter Rubber sheeting, like the natural transparent, but on the transparent smoke, you can't see it at all (see pics). It actually doesn't look stained at all and this is from 2012 and I just took these pics today.

The curtain lasts about 2 years before it starts to get all nasty from being in the shower/water etc. I shake the water off after each use and leave the sides open for better air circulation. The top 3 inches, where the duck cloth/grommets are, I just cut off and reattach fresh sheeting under it.

Cheers // DCRG

Response by: JP, January 14th 2016 10:56:35 am

If you want stainless grommets, go to an industrial supplier, or a place that deals with sail makers.  For many of their applications, stainless is the only thing that will do, brass is just too soft and too subject to corrosion.

McMaster Carr Industrial Supply has a good selection, reasonable prices, and no minimum order.  

http://www.mcmaster.com/#stainless-steel-grommets/=10ohe95

Response by: JP, January 14th 2016 10:58:48 am

Also, if you're used to using brass, stainless grommets are definitely harder to set, they won't work with the cheaper pliers-style tools used for brass.  Press-type tools or hammer-and-anvil tools are the best bet for stainless.