There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

apprentice

latex corset

Hello community,

I'm new, and my english is not all that brilliant. But that is the only forum like that... so I will try it.

I have made already some Latex pieces (underwear, bra, gauntlets, top/ bottom set with a zipper). I will share some pics as soon as I found a possibility to upload the pics without using my "normal" gallery.

Now I want to make a corset.

I know it is difficult. I own several non Latex corsets ans I have sewn already a corset. So I know the basics of corset construction.

How so I have to modify the patterns? I have 1 mm thick Latex ans I want to add a waist tape. So it will not ne stretchy in the waist, but on the top/ bottom. Should I reduce the Pattern in the top/ bottom? If yes, how much?

Ans how to Insert the steel bones? I assume sandwiching at the seams is no good idea, that will weaken the seams too much. Would a additional Latex stripe on the inside work better?

Can I usw a cotton waist tape, soak it with Latex milk ans glue it unser the bones?

Maybe someone can make a picture of the seams/ bones of a existing Latex corset.

That would help very much.

greetings Mahakali

(I'm writing from my mobil... I noticed some typing errors but I can't correct them without deleting everything. Next time I will usw my pc.)

Response by: Chloe, September 7th 2016 11:01:38 am

A general rule of thumb for figuring out the right amount of stretch for tight fitting latex garments is as follows:

• .20mm thick latex: 10% decrease from actual measurements 
  • .35mm thick latex: 8% decrease from actual measurements
  • .50mm thick latex: 6% decrease from actual measurements
For .80mm latex you wouldn't want to decrease at all, because it will be very tight and restrictive.
To attach boning - what I've seen from corsets I've bought - is that they will sandwich the boning into a strip of latex, and then glue to the corset.  
You could soak cotton in liquid latex, but it seems like more work.
Good luck - and be sure to update us with whichever method you try!

Response by: Mahakali, September 28th 2016 3:20:45 am

Thanks for your helpful hints.

It took a little time, but now it us done.

Response by: Mahakali, September 28th 2016 3:22:54 am

And completely finished:

Response by: Chloe, September 28th 2016 1:22:58 pm

Wow - that looks great!  How is the fit?

Response by: Mahakali, October 7th 2016 9:31:12 am

The fit is very good.

For a corset from non stretchy fabric I normally took the Pattern one size bigger and reduce the waist to get a more curvy shape.

For the latex corset I took the smaller size. And it is fitting very well.

I will try to make a photo.

Response by: majorjam02, April 7th 2023 5:16:08 am

Very nice.