There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

applying glue and rolling

Hello to all, I have purchased my latex sheeting and glue from MJTrends and am ready to create an item of clothing but have never done this before. I need to know the best way to apply glue. how wide a seam? Will it become one piece. More info on the rolling out of the seam. Really anything that will help in the construction so I don't fail. Thank you in advance for any and all help. Rocky

Response by: guest, September 25th 2006 7:32:30 pm

The width of the seam should be 3/8 of an inch. Start out with something simple that doesn't have a lot of curves. A straight seam is best. Clean the latex seam - soap and water will suffice. Wipe dry.

Apply a thin layer of adhesive carefully to each side of the seam. It will probably curl. Don't panic. Either use reversible tape to hold the seam in place, or do what I do and just let it curl - once it has gotten tacky you can pull it taut and it will uncurl.

Apply a second thin layer of adhesive and give a few minutes to let it tack up. Once tacky, but not completely dry, carefully start putting the seam together. This is probably the hardest part. Start at one end of the seam and inch by inch, slowly and carefully place one seam on top of the other.

If all went well and your seam is to your liking, next you roll the seam, starting at one end and rolling down the seam to the other end. Place as much weight on the roller as possible. If the seam needs to be readjusted (and it probably will the until you get the hang of working with latex), then just rip it apart. Let the adhesive dry, apply one thin layer of adhesive and start over again.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Response by: guest, October 3rd 2006 12:26:43 pm

Thank you for the help. My e-mail is rockybeach@mindspring.com would it be possible for you to e-mail me directly so if I have additional questions I could ask you directly? Again Thank you for the help. Rocky