There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

Latex Bodysuit with 3D Detailing. (Cosplay)

I'm looking at finally going forward with making a dream cosplay of mine Asuka Langley from Evangelion and noticed there isn't too much assistance online. 

I particularly love the 3D detailing and skin tight plastic look of Andromeda Latex's suits and have no idea how this is achieved. I have been brainstorming a couple of ideas of layering the suit with craft foam underneath and putting a latex  leotard over to create the detailing but I'm insure how this would work. Any advice, patterns, tutorials or insight anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone tried coating objects in latex before, if so how did they find the result?

Please see the attached images for plug-suit cosplays (that in an ideal world I'll make something close to) and my current thoughts on tackling the costume.

Response by: Chloe, January 24th 2018 9:36:55 am

Foam covered with latex would work for the wristbands.  You'll want to make sure that you design the latex pattern to fit the foam precisely.

It also looks like the catsuit has piping on it.  You could use standard piping and cover it with latex similar to how you would create piping when sewing.

Best of luck!