There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

well ventilated area

As you all know, working with latex requires a well ventilated area. Summer is gone in my area , so I can no longer open all my windows and doors when I use the glue and the solvent to clean the surface and the whole garment. I also live in an appartment...so I dont have the luxury of a garage!

Our winters are nasty, so opening a window when its -30 C...its out of thequestion!!!

How do you work and how do you ventilate your working area properly during the winter?

i also know that the glue and solvents are highly flammable, can the air suddenly combust into flames if its not properly ventilated and can an electric heating cause a fire?

Thank you all for the help!

Response by: Michael, November 6th 2008 2:11:43 pm

I would advise keeping a top on your adhesive as much as you can.  That will keep any fumes down, and  I do it anyway because it helps to keep the adhesive from drying out. 

I pour some adhesive in a cheap plastic storage container (the smallest I could find) and then place the lid on it in between dipping my applicator in the glue.  When I\'m done working I pour the glue back in the bottle.

Secondly you could use a fan to blow the air from your work area into your kitchen and then turn on your kitchen fan (the one above the stove) to remove the air from your apartment.